COVID 19 Update
Updated Monday 6th September 2021
Alert Level 2
We are OPEN and taking bookings.
We’ve been here before NZ and we can get through this, but we all have to do our part to help prevent the spread of COVID19. The feeling of free fall will always be the same incredible feelings, but we do have to change how we operate things a little.
Your safety is extremely important to us. There are a few extra things to consider when you come to visit us. We’ve outlined a few extra precautions you need to be aware of below. We ask for your patience and co-operation while we navigate through these changes.
ALERT LEVEL 2 PROCEDURES
As New Zealand is in Alert level 2, we are not able to accommodate the following customers:
- Anyone showing signs of COVID19 or feeling unwell. This includes anyone with a cough, high temp (38c), shortness of breath, sore throat, sneezing/runny nose, loss of smell, or
- Anyone who has been in contact with a COVID19 positive person in the last 14 days.
- In addition, we encourage any at-risk persons (staff or customers) not to come onsite, this includes:
- Older persons (over 70),
- Pregnant women,
- People with underlying medical conditions, including immunocompromised.
Increased Health and Safety at the Dropzone
- All attendants, including your supporters, must sanitize their hands and complete the contact tracing details on arrival at the dropzone. These will be provided on check-in.
- Staff will direct you to specific seating to assist with physical distancing.
- Spectators are asked to remain outside in the viewing area and away from operational areas wherever possible. Spectators must maintain 2 meters separation from other groups. Staff will assist with this.
- Jumpers must remain 1-2 meters from another group as much as possible during the briefing and on the ground. Our staff will assist with this.
- PPE will be made available on request, particularly if you are likely to be less than 1 metre from someone from another group. You are welcome to wear your own PPE as you see fit.
- Please don’t be offended if we don’t shake your hand, but air high fives are ok!
- In the aircraft we require that at least your buff is kept over your mouth and nose, your gloves remain on at all times. These will be provided.
If any attendant displays symptoms, or are confirmed positive, for COVID-19 within 14 days of visiting us, you must contact us as soon as possible.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to get in touch with our friendly crew.
The Skydive Bay of Islands team will keep this page updated, but you can also stay updated on our social channels: